April 12, 2010




T H E   D R E A M
( Digital visualisation of a dream )


A woman in a beautiful white gown stands at the edge of the sea looking over the ocean. Behind her a bunker lies partly buried in sanddunes. It is pristine white inside. A house built entirely of stone connects to another by a wooden footbridge crossing over a ravine. The house is unadorned except for two simple chairs at a plain yet sable. Dinner is set for one. The stone walls are scoured white. There is a vault within one wall, which reveals itself to be a candlelit altar. 

I walk through a garden of fruit trees and emerge to see a huge, decaying house. The kitchen is dusty and messed as if the house became 
uninhabited suddenly and has been 
that way for ages. Walking up the 
stairs slowly I reach the first floor 
and find a boarded door at the 
landing. The floor falls apart in front 
of my eyes and I can see down through 
the structure of wooden beams. The 
floor moves beneath my feet and I 
have a panic attack. Then I am 
walking into a new room with open 
space and white walls. Opposite me, 
against the wall is a huge bed. The 
room appears to alter before me into 
a colossal sacral room full 
of windows. Looking out upon the 
landscape through the glass window, 
I can see that the house is in the center 
of the ocean.  

In the distance a storm is on the horizon. 
The sound of the forces of nature, roar of the 
waves and the darkening sky assault my 
senses. I look over the ocean and at the 
horizon the light turns into a golden 
landscape.












No comments:

Post a Comment